Frankincense essential oil benefits are many, which include working as an alternative treatment for arthritis, ulcerative colitis, cancer, skin care conditions, and hair care conditions, among many other benefits.
Frankincense has been called the “king of oils” several times. This oil has been used for thousands of years, not only in aromatherapy but also in alternative medicine.
12 Frankincense Essential Oil Benefits Based On Research
1. Frankincense Oil Works as an Anti-Cancer
Frankincense oil is a proven anti-cancer treatment. It can safely treat cancer, killing only harmful cells and leaving healthy cells alone.
2. Frankincense Oil Can Stop Staph Infections
3. Frankincense Oil Tones Down Inflammation
It contains anti-inflammatory agents such as boswellic acids and quercetin.
4. Frankincense Oil Can Treat Ulcerative Colitis
As an anti-inflammatory agent, frankincense oil can help treat ulcerative colitis, a condition of having sores and ulcers in the colon.
5. Frankincense Oil Relieves Bronchial Asthma
6. Frankincense Oil Alleviates Arthritis
It can alleviate symptoms linked to arthritis, such as joint pain, inflammation, stiffness, and difficulty walking.
7. Frankincense Oil Promotes Immunity
8. Frankincense Oil Provides Pain Relief
Frankincense can be a viable remedy, whether it’s chronic back pain or an occasional tummy ache.
This makes frankincense oil an effective solution for inflammatory diseases that cause pain.
9. Frankincense Oil Can Ward Off Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer’s disease, the most common type of dementia, can be prevented or delayed using the neuroprotective agents in frankincense oil.
10. Frankincense Oil Can Treat Diarrhea, Clinical studies have shown frankincense’s efficacy in treating diarrhea without causing constipation.
11. Frankincense Oil has anxiolytic effects that can help tone down anxiety and prevent attacks.
12. Frankincense Oil Relieves Headaches