Haritaki boiled in water is a traditional remedy to treat cold in children. The remedy is pretty effective for adults too. The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties in haritaki are also helpful for sore throat, dry cough, and discharging mucus.
Another technique is to soak your haritaki seeds in room temperature water (1 seed per 8oz of water or 16 seeds per gallon). Let this sit for 24 before you begin drinking it. Once you drink it almost all the way down, before the seeds get exposed to air, refill with more water. Continue replenishing with new water for about 30 days or until you are no longer seeing a color change in the water.
Haritaki Infused Water Benefits:
– Eases Constipation
– Purification of the digestive system
– Cleansing of the urinary tract
– Weight loss.
– Speeds up the metabolism which in turn reduces body fat content.
– Skin problems.
– It also works on rashes, sunburn and eczema.
– Heart conditions: Stops the build up of fat in the artery, especially the coronary artery.
* Assists natural internal cleansing
* Promotes healthy elimination and maintains regularity
* Nourishes and rejuvenates the tissues
* Supports proper function of the colon, lungs, liver, and spleen
* Increases energy, intelligence, and awareness