Cayenne, clove, echinacea, myrrh, goldenseal root.
Apply generously to teeth and gum and brush your teeth. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before rinsing.
Some educational information
Swollen gums that are deep red, sensitive to brushing, and easily bleed have a mild form of gum disease, also known as gingivitis. If left untreated, gingivitis can manifest into periodontitis, which is inflammation around the teeth that cause the gums to pull away from the teeth. This creates pockets between the teeth and the gums that is the perfect environment for bacteria to proliferate. When the bacteria and plaque spread below the gum line, bone, connective tissue and gum tissue starts to breakdown.
The progression of periodontal disease is:
- Gingivitis – gums are red, swollen, and bleed easily.
- Periodontal pockets – plaque begins to form below the gum line and pockets form.
- Periodontitis – The chronic presence of plaque, tartar, and attending bacterial infection destroys the gum and bone structure that supports the teeth and may result in them becoming loose and needing removal.
Gum Disease Causes:
- Poor dental hygiene
- Immune-related illnesses (cancer, HIV, diabetes)
- Emotional stress
- Poor nutrition
- Excess consumption of sugar leading to candidiasis